My sources at NPS have been holding out on me. I didn’t even know there was such a program. Thank God for RYP, eh?
I’m an official RYP milblogger:
1) Flags, militaria, patriotic statements, military charities, links to other milbloggers
2) MSM is evil (even though they live like remoras on the sharks they hate)
3) The truth is in my mom’s basement. Few milbloggers are actually doing anything remotely related to fighting wars. The concept of blogging, internet access and ability to spend inordinate amounts of time clash.
Let’s see here
1) One flag, some pics of militaria, many patriotic statements, no military charities, 52 links to other milbloggers.
2) MSM is evil — Oh hell yeah.
3) The truth is in his mom’s basement — That’s imagery I could have done without.
Few milbloggers are actually doing anything remotely related to fighting wars — At the moment, sadly true, but possibly subject to change. See my archives from July, 2006 – August, 2007.
The concept of blogging, internet access and ability to spend inordinate amounts of time clash — Most bloggers with jobs have time management issues, even those harnessed by tax payer funded psyops program to shape opinion.
I don’t claim to be a milblogger, but I don’t mind being mistaken for one.
Now here is the part that pisses me off. Here I have been begging the .mil side to work by, with, or through Civilian Irregular Information Operators, and RYP tells me that not only did .mil take my advice, they kept it a dirty secret of milblogging.
Go ahead and list your Hall of Shame for the more strident Bush era milbloggers, RYP. I want to make sure they’re on my blog roll.