Shamelessly plagiarized from Barry Rubin’s piece in the Jerusalem Post
1. They’ll never give up. No matter what we do, they will continue fighting. No matter what we offer, they will keep attacking us. Since we can’t win, we should give up. Pay the jizya and be a good dhimmi.
2. They’re indifferent to any pressure we put on them. They will turn this pressure against us. Because we let them. Against them, deterrence does not exist; diplomacy does not convince. The carrot cannot buy them off, nor the stick make them yield. There are no solutions that can end the conflict. We cannot win militarily, nor make peace through diplomacy. We’re doomed!
3. If we set economic sanctions, they’ll say we are starving their people in an act of “collective punishment.” And we’ll feel terrible and guilt-stricken about that, because so many of us still think most of them are “innocent.” Moreover, sanctions will cost us money and generate opposition among those who lose profits.
4. In response to military operations, they’ll attack our civilians. Casualties will undermine our internal support. They will try to force us to kill civilians accidentally. They won’t care, but will use this to persuade many that we are evil. Thus they will simultaneously murder our civilians and get us condemned as human rights violators.
5. If we try to isolate them they will use our own media and intellectuals against us. At times, they will hint at moderation and make promises of change. They won’t do so enough to alienate their own followers, but enough to subvert ours. They will demand we engage them, which means us making concessions for nothing real in exchange.
6. Talking to their own people, they will foment hatred and demonize us. Speaking to their sympathizers in the West, they will accuse us of fomenting hatred. They will hypocritically turn against us all the concepts our guilty White Liberals developed: racism, imperialism, failure to understand the “other,” and so on. These concepts, of course, describe what they are doing, but our feelings of guilt, ignorance about them, and indifference to ideology will make most of us fail to notice that fact.
7. They will claim to be victims and “underdogs.” Because we are stronger and more “advanced,” that means we are the villains. They are not held responsible for their deeds, or expected to live up to the same standards. There will be no shortage of, to quote Lenin, “useful idiots” in our societies to help echo their propaganda.
8. Since their societies are weak, undemocratic and have few real moderates, we will have to make deals with phoney moderates and dictatorial regimes weakened by corruption and incompetence.
9. Even the less radical regimes, often the Islamofascist’s immediate adversaries, partly play into their hands. Due to popular pressure – plus their desire to mobilize support and distract attention from their own shortcomings – they trumpet Arab and Islamic solidarity. They denounce the West, blame all problems on Israel and revile America, even as they accept our aid. They glorify interpretations of Islam not too far from our enemy’s. They cheer Iraqi insurgents, Hizbullah, and Hamas. They don’t struggle against Iran getting nuclear weapons. They lay the basis for Islamofascist mass support and recruits.
10. There is no diplomatic solution for us, though we yearn to find one. There is no military solution for us, whether we try that or not. We love life, they love death; we are divided, they are united; we want to get back to material satisfaction, they are dedicated revolutionaries.
They will outlast us.
In effect, they will try, and will often succeed, to turn our “best and brightest” into the worst and dimmest who think we can persuade them, who blame us for the conflicts, or expect that they will alter their course. Their will use those mistakes against us.
Let’s try this, instead. Whatever the Bad Guys want us to feel or think, we feel or think the opposite.
Notice that most of this moral ju-jitsu they use on us is ineffective against people who never bought in to the politically correct, culturally sensitive, carbon neutral, transnational progressive Hate America First legacies bequeathed to us by our Soviet opponents in World War III.